Avondale Bible Church offers counseling and discipleship for individuals who are members or regular attenders, or those willing to attend and call Avondale Bible Church their church home.
Our Counseling and Discipleship Ministry seeks to come alongside individual people who need help to find the answers for their life problems and questions. The Biblical Counseling and Discipleship model is founded on the principle that God truly has given us everything we need pertaining to life and godliness in His precious promises (2 Peter 1:3). The Bible is sufficient to teach, reprove, correct, and train believers in right living (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
We believe in loving people by taking the time to understand them; helping them interpret their life situations through the truth of Scripture; confronting if necessary with God’s framework; and challenging them to engage in a life-transforming renewal of their minds (Romans 12:1-2).
Biblical Counseling involves walking patiently with someone, while wisely connecting them to Christ through the grace-centered message of the Bible. We believe Scripture provides hope for even the darkest of human sin and suffering. We believe that people can be healed, strengthened, and encouraged as they grow in their understanding of the Gospel and in their relationship with Christ. Therefore, there is extraordinary hope and help through Biblical Counseling.
The Counseling Ministry is available to help with any life situation or problem. Such as:
- premarital counseling
The Discipleship Ministry includes:
- Coming alongside individuals in embracing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Assisting individuals to grow in their knowledge and understanding of Scripture.
- Assisting individuals to grow in their relationship with God through prayer and spending time with Him.
- Helping individuals understand God-given gifts and using those gifts in the church body and the individual’s community.
- Helping with the various facets of parenting, including instruction in the Scriptures.
- Training others to train others in growing people into spiritual maturity.
Counseling and Discipleship are offered at no cost. However, counseling requires homework and therefore, individuals may incur the cost of books and/or workbooks. Please do not bring children along to counseling or discipleship sessions.
Counselor and Discipleship Team Requirements
- ABC church membership.
- Counseling and discipleship must align with ABC Statement of Faith and be agreed to on signed document.
- Risk management screening.
- Attend Foundations of Biblical Counseling through Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries.
- Ten hours of Biblical counseling observation (for counselors only).
- Ongoing supervision from Pastoral staff and those he designates.
- ABC counseling staff is not required to be certified by the State of Washington.
DETAILS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
For more information or to find out how to get the counseling or discipleship process started, contact us by phone at (425) 788-1311 or send an e-mail to Kathy@avondalebiblechurch.org.
Please open, print and complete the following Personal Data Inventory and consent forms.
Once completed, you can email them to Kathy@avondalebiblechurch.org, or mail them to:Avondale Bible Church
Attn: Kathy Cubine
17010 Avondale Road NE
Woodinville, WA 98077